I really love thinking about the implications of news stories, particularly for psychology. Sometimes, a news story that I'm listening to will confirm some of the more stable 'findings' of psychological research. Other times, I'll find myself thinking of new research projects inspired by the regular news.
Here's a list of my favourite psychology new websites:
Science Daily has a psychology site:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/news/mind_brain/psychology/
Psychology Today, the magazine, has an online site which publishes many stories in full, and some blogs too. I think it is a great place to start reading about psychology because the stories incorporate a lot of explanations of foundational concepts and they seem to cover broad, engaging topics:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/
The American Psychological Association has their own site for news stories - mostly from USA media outlets.:
http://www.apa.org/news/psycport/index.aspx
Alltop's psychology page is another great starting place, the site is basically a 'net' for collecting psychology news from around the web. Some links will take you to media outlets and others will send you to blogs & wikis:
http://psychology.alltop.com/
oooh, and this is a great blog for anyone interested in social psychology.
ReplyDeleteThey've just published what they believe are the most important questions for social scientists:
http://herd.typepad.com/herd_the_hidden_truth_abo/2011/02/social-sciences-to-do-list.html