I am tired to my core but very happy with the week I've had. I want to write more completely about it, but here are some of the highlights, for now:
Presenting with James Cook University and Griffith University about our survey of first year psychology students' expectations.
Reporting some evaluative data from my first year professional unit (you can see the slides below).
A mindfulness workshop with the wonderful Bob Rich
Learning that there are other psychologists who also think that there is opportunity for us to volunteer and make a difference in our communities
Hearing more from the lovely Lynne Cohen (ECU) about her leadership program - our psychology students at QUT participated this year and it was a fantastic experience.
Learning about Kelly Brownell's (Yale Rudd Center for Health) view of obesity and how psychologists can make a difference not through individual interventions but via social and political change.
Seeing Les Posen present...his work makes me feel ashamed of my presentations but hopeful that I can be reformed. His descriptions of how to introduce clients to exposure-based approaches to anxiety was inspiring and I wish everyone at the Higher Education sessions had also come to his presentation!
There's so much more I could write but I'll save it for a less sleep-deprived moment.
Oh and I have been selected as one of the 100 lucky people who were invited to attend the TEDx event in Sydney on the 16th of October. Very exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment